Proper Protection for Your Car

Standard coverage

Our standard coverage comes with protection if you/your:

  • Hurt someone in an accident (Bodily Injury Liability)
  • Damage someone’s property with your car (Property Damage Liability)
  • And your passengers: 
    • Are in an accident with drivers with little, or no, insurance (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist)
    • Have medical bills because of accident injuries (Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection)
  • Car is stolen, vandalized or damaged by something, like a tree branch falling on it (Comprehensive)
    • Deductible options (your risk) vary by state and range from $0 - $5,000
  • Get into an accident (Collision)
    • Deductible options vary by state and range from $100 - $5,0001
  • Are in an accident with drivers who have no insurance (Uninsured Motorist Property Damage)

Additional coverage options

These add-ons cost a little extra, but they help you build customized coverage based on your needs. 

The Keeper® protects your new car if it’s totaled in an accident. If this happens, most insurance companies will only reimburse you for the current value of your car. With The Keeper, we’ll pay for a brand-new car, same make and model. It applies to cars up to four model years old (three if you live in Georgia or Idaho). There are some other guidelines, and your deductible applies, so be sure to ask your rep about The Keeper.  

Emergency road service coverage helps if you’re stranded on the side of the road or you lock your keys in the car. You’ll be reimbursed up to $100 total for towing, delivery of fuel, repair parts and labor charges. 

Vehicle rental and trip interruption coverage helps if you have an accident away from home.  Get reimbursed up to $800 for a rental car if you have a claim. If you have an accident more than 100 miles from home, this coverage also applies to travel expenses like transportation, lodging, and meals. These expense limits are different for each state, so ask your rep what this coverage looks like where you live.  

Personal effects coverage protects you if things like your phone or laptop are stolen from your car. Just remember, the limit is $800.

Safety glass coverage helps if your windshield, car windows or headlight covers need repair. If you have this additional insurance, you don’t have to pay your Comprehensive coverage deductible. 

Winter car prep

Keep your car in the clear this winter season.

Get your car road trip ready

Prepare for your road trip with these tips.

Keep your car in shape

Don’t let car trouble interrupt your road trip or leave you stranded in the winter. These tips can help you keep your car in tip-top shape. 

How do I choose?

Your COUNTRY rep will meet with you to help you choose the coverage you need. Answer these questions to prep for that meeting. 

  • How old is your car? 
  • What is the make and model of your car?
  • Who drives the car/cars in your household? 
  • How old are the drivers in your household? 
  • How often and how far do you drive?
  • What assets do need to protect? This will help you decide your amount of liability coverage. 

Your rep can answer

Do I need extra liability (umbrella) insurance? 

The coverages included in your current home and auto policies protect you to a point, but they have limits. Umbrella insurance is additional liability coverage that stretches over both policies to cover some risks where your home and auto coverage stops.  

Let’s say you cause a car accident involving a surgeon injuring her hand. You would expect to be responsible for her medical costs, but you might also have to pay money for pain and suffering or lost income during her recovery. If the damage is so extensive, she can no longer work, the claim could easily go above and beyond a million-dollar auto liability policy limit. Without umbrella insurance, your assets and future income could be at risk. 

How do I save money on my car insurance? 

We have discounts that can help.

Ready to start?

Start online, find a local rep or call us at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We'll help you find car insurance that works for you.

Start a quote

COUNTRY Financial® is the marketing name for the COUNTRY Financial family of affiliated companies (collectively, COUNTRY), which include COUNTRY Life Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, and their respective subsidiaries, located in Bloomington, Illinois.

Auto insurance policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company® and COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL. 

1 $2,000 and $5,000 deductibles are not available Washington. 

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions. Read our full Financial Services Summary Handbook.