Claims FAQs

We've gathered answers to your most popular questions below. 

What's on your mind?

You can report your auto, home, renters , or auto glass claim online. Log in to your account, choose Claim at the top of the page and complete the form. You’ll receive a confirmation number and someone will be in touch with you shortly!

If you’d rather talk to a real person, give us a call at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We’re happy to help!

For all other claims types, call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879) or visit our Claims Support Center for more details. 

Each claim situation is different. When your claims representative contacts you to talk about your claim, they can let you know if the incident is considered chargeable or non-chargeable. Your local representative can help answer questions about how this may affect your insurance costs.

Once you report your claim, it will be assigned to a claims representative who will get in touch with you for more details.

Depending on the type of claim you have, your damage may be inspected, and your claim representative will contact you to settle your claim.

While one year is common, the time limit to report a claim varies by state. It's best to report a claim as soon as you're aware of it. Please contact your representative for your state’s specific limit. 

You’ll need to file a police report for most auto accidents and theft claims. Your claims representative will let you know if you don’t need one for your claim.

For many auto claims, our appraiser will write an estimate for the damages to your car. You'll provide a copy of our estimate to your repair provider before repairs begin.

If the repair provider has questions about the estimate or additional damages are found, the repair provider will contact our appraiser to discuss.

We will reimburse you up to $40 per day and a maximum of $800 for the rental of a substitute car while your insured car cannot be driven and is being repaired for damage payable under your Comprehensive or Collision coverage.

This coverage ends when your vehicle is:

  • repaired and ready to be picked up from the shop, 
  • replaced (in the event of a total loss), or 
  • when we pay or offer payment for the loss, whichever occurs first.

We have a direct bill program with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. However, you can choose any rental company you want as long as we pre-approve the rental vehicle expenses.

If our appraiser has determined your car is a total loss, one of our auto specialists will contact you to discuss a settlement based on the value of your car in its pre-claim condition.

  • Locate the title to your car. 
  • If your lienholder (bank) has your title, have your lienholder name, number, and account number readily available to provide this information to your Total Loss Adjuster.

Yes. Paying your deductible isn’t related to who or what caused the incident. We want you to select a deductible you’re comfortable with when you purchase your policy. Read more about deductibles.

If another person is at fault, we may pursue the at-fault party and/or their insurance company and attempt to recover your deductible. Our ability to return the deductible may depend on the result of arbitration, litigation, or other recovery efforts when applicable. If we can return it, the timeframe will depend on how long it takes for the insurance company or at-fault party to reimburse us.

Search for a local tow company or repair shop and work with them directly. We’ll reimburse you up to $100 per event for the services you need.

Just log into your COUNTRY Financial account to see whether “Emergency Roadside Service” or “Vehicle Travel and Tow” is listed on your auto policy. If it’s not, contact your rep to add the coverage.

Yes to all three questions. Our Roadside Assistance coverage reimburses up to $100 per event, including locksmith services, flat tire repair, jump start services, fuel delivery* and more.

Yes. Just work with a local tow company or repair shop and we’ll reimburse up to $100 per tow event.

No. There’s an additional charge to add this coverage to your car insurance policy, but it’s much more affordable than you think. Talk to your COUNTRY Financial rep to find out more.

As soon as it’s available on your auto insurance policy.

It depends on the extent of damage.  Some insurance claims are settled the same day (like roadside service auto claims) while others can take months to settle (like liability claims that require attorneys to settle). Overall, the majority of claims are completed within 30 days of being reported.

Yes, insurance claims can be canceled after they are submitted as long as you haven’t received payment for the claim. Contact your claims adjuster or call the Country Financial claims phone number for more information.

Car insurance deductibles are on a “per occurrence” basis. This means that every time you want to use a coverage that has a deductible, the claim check is written with the deductible removed from the actual damages.  Put simply, a deductible isn’t paid, it’s removed from the estimated damages before the company writes the check.  Example: The estimated damages to fix your bumper costs $3,500. If you have a $500 deductible then your insurance company will write a check for $3,000 for damages.

Roadside assistance coverage is designed to get you off the road safely (towing to a service station) or back on the road safely (run out of gas, flat tire or lock out).

Roadside assistance is considered an auto claim and can vary by state in how they are used in setting your rate. Most insurance carriers don’t raise the cost of your insurance for using the roadside assistance portion of a policy.

COUNTRY Financial® is a family of affiliated companies (collectively, COUNTRY) located in Bloomington, IL. Learn more about who we are.

 * The cost of the fuel is not included in this reimbursement.

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions. Read our full Financial Services Summary Handbook.