Your Business is Unlike Any Other
Your coverage should be just as unique. Wherever your business resides on the path from grape to glass, we have coverage options that will work for your operation, and local experts to help you choose the package that's right for you.
Running a business is time consuming — finding good insurance shouldn't be.
No more worrying about coverage gaps, COUNTRY Financial has you covered.
Property Gold Package
Included on all winery policies:
Wine Stock Valuation
Outlines how losses to wine will be valued during the different stages of the wine manufacturing process for:
- In-process wine stock
- Bulk wine
- Bottled wine
Wine Leakage and Wine Contamination Coverage
- Wine Leakage: Covers accidental leakage of your wine stock from your tanks, vessels, or barrels due to a covered cause of loss, tank implosion or collapse or errors or omissions by you or your employees. Coverage may also be extended up to 10% of the wine leakage limit for your wine stock being processed by a vendor on your behalf.
- Wine Contamination: Provides coverage for loss or damage for cork taint or oxidation of your bottled wine and contamination of your wine stock from a specified cause of loss, contact with fluids used to clean, cool or maintain tanks, vessels, barrels, or bottles or the accidental introduction of a foreign substance, agent, enzyme and/or organism not customary or usual to the wine making process and is not correctable.
Property Platinum Package
A package developed to meet the specific coverage needs of a winery:
- Brands and labels: Covers up to $25,000 per occurrence for the cost of relabeling products or goods prior to sale usually for a substantially reduced price due to a covered cause of loss.
- Blending and omissions: Covers losses up to $5,000 per occurrence from unintentional blending of your wine with other wine or dilution of your wine from water or other liquids excluding cleaning solvents for refrigerants.
- Spoilage: up to $25,000 per occurrence for loss of perishable stock including wine stock due to mechanical breakdown, power outage, equipment failure, or contamination of stock by a refrigerant. $25,000 for spoilage of perishable stock.
- Contingent Transit Coverage: Up to $50,000 per shipment for bulk or bottled wine you sell to others which is shipped to them at their expense and risk of loss, but only if you cannot collect on the bill of sale because of a covered loss.
- Packaging Errors: Pays costs you incur to repackage or re-label your finished wine stock due to an unintentional error in labeling, bottling, or packaging.
- Peak season: Business personal property coverage limit is automatically increased by 25% during peak production periods.
- Tank Collapse/Implosion: Covers damage to covered property caused by the inward collapse or implosion of your tanks used in the winemaking process.
- Wine Cellars and Caves: Covers foundations or supports and retaining walls for subterranean structures used in your winery operations for the stoing and aging of wine damaged from a covered cause of loss.
- Processors' Coverage: Provides up to $25,000 per occurrence for a covered loss to your wine stock in the custody of a processor performing work for you or to wine stock of others for which you are performing work and are legally liable.
- Includes Winery Property Gold Package coverages.
Orchard and Vineyard Property Plus Endorsement
- Harvested Grapes: Pays up to $50,000 per occurrence for direct physical loss or damage from a covered peril to your harvested grapes including related packing materials and containers at your location, in transit, or ata a processing facility and not yeast in crush. Increased limits available.
- Grape vines, Stakes, and Trellises Coverage: Up to $50,000 per occurrence for direct physical loss to your grape vines (including fruit thereon), stakes and supporting trellises from a covered cause of loss. Damaged or destroyed grape vines are limited to $1,000 per vine which includes the expenses incurred for removal. Increased limits available.
- Contamination of Vineyard Products: Provides up to $25,000 per occurrence for direct physical loss to your grape vines (including fruit thereon) and harvested grapes at your location due to a sudden and accidental release of fluids from machinery used to harvest grapes.
- Contingent Transit Coverage: Up to $150,000 per shipment for orchard and vineyard products you sell to others which are shipped to them at their expense and risk of loss, but only if you cannot collect on the bill of sale because of a covered loss.
The COUNTRY Financial Difference
We recognize that every business is different, and every year brings new challenges and opportunities. We've been helping businesses, farms and families grow for more than 85 years, and we’ll work with you to provide insurance and financial solutions for every aspect of your business. You can count on COUNTRY Financial to be there when you need us most, as you grow, and when your needs change.
You work hard for your business. Let us work hard to help you protect it.
Reach us how and when you want.
Whether it's a question about your bill, your policy or a claim, we have answers. Pay your bills, print your insurance cards, report a claim and more in My COUNTRY.
Reach us how and when you want.
We added some new features to MyCOUNTRY. Now you can check for status updates on claims, view and print insurance cards, and add or delete drivers and vehicles.
MyCOUNTRY got an upgrade!
We’ve made MyCOUNTRY mobile friendly. Now you can view and print insurance cards, add or delete drivers and vehicles, and check for status updates on claims.
Crop policies in Illinois issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL. This entity is an equal opportunity provider.
Commercial and Farm policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL.
Crop policies in Oregon and Washington are purchased through Crop Insurance Services, Inc., a third-party insurer not affiliated with the COUNTRY Financial group of companies.
This is not a statement of contract. For a complete description of all coverages, options, exclusions, and limitations, please refer to the policies. Rates and coverages may vary by state. Please note that the information shown above is general. Policies are individually underwritten and there may be other factors and underwriting guidelines that affect coverage or amount due.