Crop Insurance

Protect your farm operation with crop insurance from COUNTRY Financial. Contact a certified crop insurance agent today. 

Or call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879), and we'll help you find the crop insurance that works for you.

Types of Crop Insurance
Blue crop icon

What can you expect from COUNTRY?

  • Our crop certified insurance agents provide personal attention to all of our clients. They’ll help you create a customized plan to fit your specific farm operation.
  • Fast, local claims service from our exclusive crop insurance claims adjusters.
  • APH certification completed by our claims adjusters provides an accurate yield record, resulting in the highest average possible for your insurance guarantee. 

What does crop insurance cover?

There are two general types of crop insurance:

  • Federal crop insurance
  • Crop hail insurance

Crop insurance provides peace of mind to farmers and ranchers covering grains, oilseeds, livestock, dairy, fruits, vegetables and more. This protection helps them overcome natural disasters and loss of revenue from decreasing commodities prices. But that’s just the beginning. See how we set ourselves apart from other crop insurance providers. 

Farmer combining corn

Ready to start?

Find a crop insurance agent or call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We’ll help you find crop insurance that works for you. 

How can I save money on my crop insurance?

Early Pay Discount

With our early pay discount, you’ll receive:

  • an 8% discount when you purchase your crop hail insurance policy by March 28 and pay by Apr. 30 or
  • a 4% discount when purchased by June 28 and pay by July 31.

Premium Volume Discount

Our premium volume discount gives you up to a 25% discount on hail coverage, depending on your total individual premium.

Bundle Discount

Bundle your wind endorsement with Extra Harvest Expense and replant coverage and receive a discount on the premiums for these endorsements. 

AgriPlus® Discount

Purchase a crop insurance policy and you may get a discount on your farm and AgriPlus® policies.

Our partners

Here are some helpful links to some of our partners who support farmers, ranchers and crop growers. provides the latest farm-related news, weather and market information.

Illinois Farm Bureau, our partner and parent organization, has been an advocate for farmers since 1916.

USDA Risk Management Agency provides risk management resources for all agricultural producers. 

What do I need to know about crop insurance claims?

From rain and hail, to prevent plant claims, we’re with you every step of the way like we were for these clients. 

Crop agent talking to crop client

Get support from local experts

Your local COUNTRY Financial crop insurance agent is always there to help.

  • Answer your questions about crop insurance
  • Uncover gaps in your crop insurance protection
  • Keep you on top of crop insurance deadlines, dates and industry news
  • Guide you through the crop insurance claims process
  • Balance your coverage needs with your budget

We offer crop insurance in six states:

We’re the number one crop hail insurer in the state of Illinois and provide the same products and services in the following states. 

Ready to start?

Find a local COUNTRY Financial crop insurance agent or call us at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We'll help you find the crop insurance that works for you. 

Crop policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL. This entity is an equal opportunity provider. 

COUNTRY Financial® is a family of affiliated companies (collectively, COUNTRY) located in Bloomington, IL. Learn more about who we are.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. 

For more information, contact the RMA Civil Rights Office at 202-690-3578 (main line). 

COUNTRY Financial will be assisting the Risk Management Agency (RMA) in monitoring crop conditions throughout the growing season. All suspected cases of fraud, waste and abuse in federal crop insurance will be referred to RMA.