Skip to main content
Do I have coverage if I take my vehicle into Mexico or Canada?

Your auto insurance policy doesn't cover your car in Mexico, but it does provide coverage in Canada and any United States territory.

United States territories include:

  • American Samoa
  • Baker
  • Guam
  • Howland
  • Jarvis Islands (Johnston Atol, Kingman Reef, Navassa Island, Palmyra Island)
  • Midway
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands
  • Wake Island

If you’re traveling to Canada, contact your representative or call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879) to obtain a non-resident motor vehicle liability card, which is required when driving there.