Farm Insurance

Or call us at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879), and we'll help you find the farm insurance that works for you.

Three generations of farmers walking to a barn

Explore the benefits of farm property insurance

When shopping for insurance for a farm, you want coverage from a company that knows farmers’ unique needs. COUNTRY Financial has been protecting farms for more than 90 years. Proper protection looks different for everyone, so we offer various policy options for farming insurance, plus additional coverage at an extra cost. 

Coverage options for farm personal property

This chart gives you a quick overview of how our options compare. Make sure you refer to your policy for specific questions or information regarding your coverage.



Standard + machinery protection

Standard + machinery and livestock protection

Protects your farm property if it’s damaged during a fire, storm, tornado, etc. This includes coverage for hay, grain, equipment, portable buildings, tools, supplies, livestock and more 




Protects your farm property from things like machinery collisions and overturn, glass breakage and more




Protects your livestock from drowning or electrocution, accidental shooting or attacks by dogs or wild animals 




Ready to start?

Find a local rep or call us at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We'll help you find the farm insurance that works for you.

Liability and medical insurance for a farm

You can choose or add these coverage options to protect your farm.

  • Medical coverage to help pay bills for visitors injured on your farm property
  • Liability coverage to help pay legal bills for visitors injured on your farm property or if you damage someone else’s property (Ex: Your animals graze on someone’s else's farm)
  • Up to $25,000 in medical coverage
  • Liability limits up to $1 million
  • Optional liability coverages (for custom farming, in-home businesses, roadside stands, recreational motor vehicles, watercraft, rental dwellings, etc.) for an additional cost
  • A farm umbrella insurance policy if you need more than $1 million in coverage
  • Separate liability policies for workers comp1, pollution1 or biological and chemical terrorism are available
Vegetables inside a greenhouse farm

Protect your buildings and irrigation equipment

You may need to insure selected buildings on your property (for example: garages, pole barns, storage sheds or stables) against specific causes of loss. This protection applies to the building and any equipment permanently attached to it. You can select from three levels of coverage. 

Standard coverage

Our standard coverage protects your buildings and irrigation equipment from common events, like fire or lightning, wind or hail, and more. 

Broad coverage

This coverage includes everything you get in your standard coverage, plus additional protection for things like glass breakage, weight of ice or snow, falling objects, freezing of plumbing and more.

Premier coverage

Our most complete coverage, your policy will only list those direct losses that you aren’t protected against. In addition to what Broad Form covers, you’ll also have coverage for accidents like:

  • Building damage from tractor collision
  • Damage to grain bin from internal air pressure
  • Damage to garage door from freezing

Pro-Tip: Insure your entire farming operation with us and get our package of special coverages, which provides extra protection for things like:

  • Tree and debris removal
  • Spoilage of refrigerated products
  • Fire department service
  • Private power and light pole damage
  • Pollution clean-up and removal 

You may need more protection for your farm, so we offer several other coverages at an extra cost and discounts to help you balance your needs and keep your budget in check. 

There’s a lot to consider. A COUNTRY Financial rep is ready to walk you through it all to make sure you get the protection you need. 


Protect your home

If you have a home to insure too, you can add it to your farm insurance policy. 

Mother with two daughters in front of their house

Start a farm insurance quote

Find a local rep or call us at 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879). We'll help you find the farm insurance that works for you.

COUNTRY Financial® is a family of affiliated companies (collectively, COUNTRY) located in Bloomington, IL. Learn more about who we are.

1 Not available in all states.

Farm policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL.