Car Insurance FAQs

We've gathered answers to your most popular questions below. 

What's on your mind?

Your NAIC number can be found on your auto insurance card. If you don’t have your card, log in to your account to print one. (If you don't have an account, register today!) You will see COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company® or COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company® on your auto insurance card, and the number that follows is your NAIC number. 

There are three easy ways to get an auto insurance card or proof of insurance:

A deductible is the part of a covered claim you’re responsible to pay. Your deductible only applies to damage to your own vehicle, and you choose your deductibles when you buy your policy.

Generally, coverage from your own auto insurance policy applies to the rental vehicle when driving within the United States (including your deductible). Most rental companies will require you to have comprehensive and collision coverage on your COUNTRY Financial auto policy – if you don’t, they’ll ask you to purchase their damage waiver.

Review the company’s “loss of use” policy too. “Loss of use” means if you wreck a rental car, you may be charged for the revenue lost while the car is being fixed for the damage you caused. Loss of use is not generally covered on your personal auto policy. You may want to purchase the “loss of use” protection from the rental agency separately, if possible. Read the contract carefully and ask the rental agent to explain it if you are unsure.

Another thing to consider is that if you don’t purchase the insurance coverage offered by the rental company, an accident could mean an increase of your premiums.

When you purchase stereo equipment beyond what is normally found in the vehicle, you may need to increase your coverage. Your representative can give you a better idea of your coverage options, like the Communication Device Endorsement. When purchasing this coverage, your COUNTRY Financial representative will help you determine the limits depending on the type of equipment you’re installing and the cost. The Communication Endorsement can be purchased with limits ranging from $300 to $5,000. Contact your representative to review your coverage options.

Your auto insurance policy doesn't cover your car in Mexico, but it does provide coverage in Canada and any United States territory.

United States territories include:

  • American Samoa
  • Baker
  • Guam
  • Howland
  • Jarvis Islands (Johnston Atol, Kingman Reef, Navassa Island, Palmyra Island)
  • Midway
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands
  • Wake Island

If you’re traveling to Canada, contact your representative or call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879) to obtain a non-resident motor vehicle liability card, which is required when driving there.

Search for a local tow company or repair shop and work with them directly. We’ll reimburse you up to $100 per event for the services you need.

Just log into your COUNTRY Financial account to see whether “Emergency Roadside Service” or “Vehicle Travel and Tow” is listed on your auto policy. If it’s not, contact your rep to add the coverage.

Yes to all three questions. Our Roadside Assistance coverage reimburses up to $100 per event, including locksmith services, flat tire repair, jump start services, fuel delivery* and more.

Yes. Just work with a local tow company or repair shop and we’ll reimburse up to $100 per tow event.

No. There’s an additional charge to add this coverage to your car insurance policy, but it’s much more affordable than you think. Talk to your COUNTRY Financial rep to find out more.

As soon as it’s available on your auto insurance policy.

COUNTRY Financial® is a family of affiliated companies (collectively, COUNTRY) located in Bloomington, IL. Learn more about who we are.

 * The cost of the fuel is not included in this reimbursement.

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions. Read our full Financial Services Summary Handbook.