Skip to main content

Landlord Insurance

A fresh coat of paint isn't all your tenants depend on you for.

Your renters rely on you for a lot. And you can rely on us - to give you the right insurance for the rentals you put so much work into.  

Landlord Insurance

Intro to Landlord Insurance

Owning rental property is an investment in your future. We can help you protect it.

If you own rental property, you don't need to insure your tenants’ personal things. But you're responsible for your building(s) and their permanent features, like walls, floors and cabinets. Our Home Protector landlord insurance has you covered.

You can get Home Protector insurance if you rent out eight or less units. If you own more than eight properties, you may be eligible for coverage on a commercial insurance policy.

Home Protector is available for both full time rentals and frequent (vacation-type) rentals and provides coverage for your: rental homes, other structures (like garages and storage sheds), personal property (up to $2,500 for items you may own), lost income, liability and medical payments.

Coverage Options

Rental Property and Belongings

You can choose from two coverage levels for your rental properties:

Basic Coverage

Coverage for specific risks listed in your policy.

What’s covered will be listed in your policy and includes things like:

  • Fire or lightning
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Freezing of plumbing
Premier Coverage

Our best coverage that only lists what’s not covered.

In addition to what the basic policy covers, you may be insured for accidents like the ones below (depending on the situation):

  • Countertop burns
  • Paint spillage
  • Power surge damage to appliances

You can also choose from the following claim settlement types:

Actual Cash Value

Coverage for your rental home and belongings at the cost to repair or replace the damaged property, minus depreciation.

Replacement Cost

Coverage for the cost to repair or replace your property and belongings.

Liability and Medical

Liability Insurance

Landlord liability insurance is available with your Home Protector policy and helps protect you if someone is injured at the rental location. You can choose liability limits up to $1 million.

Medical Coverage

Medical payments coverage can provide coverage for others’ medical costs if they’re injured on your property. You can choose up to $25,000 in coverage.

Additional Coverage Options

We know your rental properties are unique to you. So we offer extra choices at an added cost to customize your landlord insurance.

Coverage for Additional Risks

The following risks aren’t covered on the base landlord insurance policy, but you can buy extra coverage for:

  • Earthquake damage
  • Damage to unoccupied seasonal dwellings (like vacation homes and vacation rentals)
  • Sump pump failure and/or back-up of sewer or drain
  • Mine subsidence (for damage caused by underground mine collapse)1
  • Loss assessments from a homeowners association2
Flood Insurance

Landlord insurance doesn’t cover flood damage, and flood insurance is only available through the National Flood Insurance Program. We can help get you covered through the federal program if your home qualifies.3

We can help!

Give us a call 24 hours a day.



Introducing COUNTRY Financial® Mobile

Need to view your insurance card in a hurry, pay your bill over your morning coffee, or contact your rep? You can do all of that and more with our app. Download it today!

  • iOS Link
  • Google Play Link

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions.

Alabama residents: Review the Alabama Bill of Rights for additional information.

Not available in all states.
2  Loss assessments are included in the base policy in some states.
3Flood insurance policies are offered through CC Services, Inc., from various third-party carriers not affiliated with COUNTRY Financial®, in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program. The issuing carrier is responsible for all claims determination as well as claims paying ability. For more information about CC Services, Inc., read the License and Name Information in our full Terms & Conditions.