You Brew Every Beer with Care
Your coverage should get the same amount of attention. We understand every business is unique. That’s why we partner with business owners, like you, to create one carefully crafted solution for all your craft brewery insurance needs.
Let’s work together to build personalized protection and coverage that fits your craft brewery business, so you get the coverage you need without all the worry
Craft Brewery Property Gold Package
Included on all craft brewery policies:
- Beer stock valuation: Outlines how losses to beer will be valued during the different stages of the beer manufacturing process for:
- In-process beer stock
- Bulk beer
- Bottled, canned or kegged beer
- Business income and extra expense: Covers your loss of net income and continuing expenses such as your mortgage, taxes, salaries and advertising due to the necessary suspension of your business operations from a covered cause of loss. Extra expense covers necessary expenses you incur to continue or minimize suspension of your business operations and maintain business continuity following a covered cause of loss. Coverage is provided up to a $25,000 limit.
- Outdoor signs: Pays up to $5,000 for loss or damage to outdoor signs caused by a covered cause of loss whether or not the sign is attached to the building.
Craft Brewery Property Platinum Package
A package developed to meet the specific coverage needs of a craft brewery include but are not limited to:
- Brewmaster replacement expense: Pays up to $25,000 in any one policy period for reasonable replacement expenses you incur to hire a new head brewer if your head brewer is unable to continue due to death or permanent disability resulting from an injury that occurs during the policy period.
- Business income and extra expense: Coverage limit is increased up to $50,000.
- Brands and labels: Covers up to $25,000 per occurrence for the cost of relabeling products or goods prior to sale usually for a substantially reduced price due to a covered cause of loss.
- Blending errors and omissions: Covers losses up to $5,000 per occurrence from unintentional blending of your beer with other beer or dilution of your beer from water or other liquids excluding cleaning solvents or refrigerants.
- Spoilage: Pays up to $25,000 per occurrence for loss of perishable stock including beer stock due to mechanical breakdown, power outage, equipment failure, or contamination of stock by a refrigerant.
- Contingent transit coverage: Up to $50,000 per shipment for bulk, kegged, bottled or canned beer you sell to others which is shipped to them at their expense and risk of loss, but only if you cannot collect on the bill of sale because of a covered loss.
- Packaging errors: Pays costs you incur to repackage or re-label your finished beer stock due to an unintentional error in labeling, bottling or packaging. Coverage is provided up to $10,000 annually.
- Peak season: Business personal property coverage limit is automatically increased 25% during peak production periods.
- Tank collapse / implosion: Covers damage to covered property caused by the inward collapse or implosion of your tanks used in the beer making process.
- Processors’ coverage: Provides up to $25,000 per occurrence for a covered loss to your beer stock in the custody of a processor performing work for you or to beer stock of others for which you are performing work and are legally liable.
- Outdoor signs: Coverage limit is increased up to $15,000.
Craft Brewery Leakage and Contamination Coverage
- Beer leakage: Covers accidental leakage of your beer stock from your tanks, vessels or barrels due to a covered cause of loss, tank implosion or collapse or errors or omissions by you or your employees. Coverage may also be extended up to 10% of the beer leakage limit for your beer stock being processed by a vendor on your behalf.
- Beer contamination: Provides coverage for loss or damage resulting from contamination of beer stock from a specified cause of loss, contact with fluids used to clean, cool or maintain tanks, vessels, barrels or bottles or the accidental introduction of a foreign substance, agent, enzyme and/or organism not customary or usual to the beer making process and is not correctable.
The COUNTRY Financial® Difference
For more than 90 years, we’ve been helping businesses, farms and families identify and achieve their financial goals. We’re here to support you every step of the way by providing easy-to-understand information to help you make the decisions that are right for you and your business. You can count on COUNTRY Financial to be there when you need us most, as you grow, and when your needs change.
You work hard for your business. Let us work hard to help you protect it.
Auto, Home, and Commercial policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company®, or COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company®. Commercial policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL. Farm policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL.
Not available in all states.
This is not a statement of contract. For a complete description of all coverages, options, exclusions, and limitations, please refer to the policies. Rates and coverages may vary by state. Please note that the information shown above is general. Policies are individually underwritten and there may be other factors and underwriting guidelines that affect coverage or amount due.