Skip to main content


It's all about enjoying the good times.

While you're busy making memories, we're busy making you feel safe - with insurance for whatever leisure vehicle you drive. 

Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Intro to Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Recreational motor vehicles (RMVs) are protected either as part of your COUNTRY Financial® home insurance policy or auto insurance policy, depending on the type of vehicle and how it’s used.

Generally, if the vehicle isn’t used on public roads, coverage may apply from your home insurance. Vehicles used on public roads can be covered either on the auto or home policy, depending on your situation. We can help you figure out what makes the most sense for you.

Insuring your RMV with Your Home

In order to qualify for coverage under your home insurance policy, your RMV cannot be licensed for use on public roads. Some examples of vehicles that qualify include golf carts, all-terrain vehicles (like four wheelers), dirt bikes and snowmobiles.

Physical Damage

Home insurance from COUNTRY Financial provides coverage for your qualifying recreational vehicle up to $500. If you have vehicles worth more than that, you can purchase additional RMV coverage on your home policy.

Specific coverages will be included in your policy for damage to your vehicle from things like collision, theft and fire.

Your home insurance deductible (the portion you’re responsible for) will apply to any covered physical damage loss. Coverage limits are either $500 or the increased amount you chose to add to your home policy.

Liability and Medical Insurance

Liability coverage is included if the vehicle is used at the location where your home is insured and may be purchased to extend off the insured location. 

More about Liability

Liability coverage helps protect you if someone is injured as a result of the operation of your recreational vehicle, you damage someone’s property while operating your vehicle, or you’re sued for those injuries or damages and have legal defense costs.


Medical Coverage

Medical payment coverage can provide coverage for others’ medical costs if they’re injured on your RMV where your home is insured.

Your liability and medical limits will be the same limits you choose for your home insurance.


Insuring your RMV as an Auto

Your recreational vehicle may be eligible for auto insurance coverage. Unlike normal auto insurance, no coverages are required on your RMV – you choose to add what you want. Examples of vehicles that may qualify include motor homes (RV) and permanently mounted truck campers, snowmobiles, golf carts, all-terran vehicles, travel trailers, camping trailers and truck campers.

Physical Damage

Physical Damage protects against damage to your RMV if you have a covered loss. It has two parts, and you choose a deductible for each coverage. Your deductible is the amount you’re responsible for if you have a covered loss. Your insurance costs will be lower with a higher deductible, but your costs at claim time will be higher.


Coverage for damage to your vehicle in situations like hitting a car or getting into a single vehicle accident.

Deductible choices: $502, $100, $250, $500, $1,000


Coverage for your vehicle from claims like theft, vandalism, hail, and falling objects.

Deductible choices: $502, $100, $250, $500, $1,000

Uninsured Motorists Property Damage

Pays the amount you’re legally entitled to recover for damages to your vehicle in a covered accident caused by someone who does not have insurance or by a hit-and-run motor vehicle. In some states, identification of the hit-and-run driver is required. Coverage, deductible and availability varies by state.

Liability and Medical Coverage

Liability insurance can protect you if you’re at fault in an accident and responsible for injuries to others or damage to property. Medical costs and lawsuits can be costly, so it’s important to carry the coverage limits that are right for you. Coverage amounts vary by state and if you’re not sure what to choose, we can help you figure it out.

More about Liability

Liability coverage is divided into two parts:

Bodily Injury coverage protects you for the cost of injuries you may cause to someone else, up to the coverage limits you choose.

Property Damage coverage protects you for the cost of damage you may cause to the property of others, up to the coverage limit you choose.

Umbrella Insurance can be purchased to give you extra coverage up to $1 million or more if you'd like more liability insurance than what your auto policy provides.


Medical Coverage

Medical Payments provides protection for you and your passenger(s) if you get in a covered accident causing injuries, regardless of fault. It pays medical bills you or your passengers have within two years1 of a covered accident.

Personal Injury Protection2 provides coverage for certain expenses related to injuries from an accident such as lost wages and child care expenses.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Protection

This coverage gives you protection for injuries you may experience if an uninsured or underinsured driver is at fault.

Uninsured Motorists

Pays if you or someone on your RMV is injured or killed in a covered auto accident when the other driver is at fault and doesn’t have insurance. This coverage is for injuries, not damage to your vehicle.

Underinsured Motorists

Pays if you or someone on your RMV is injured or killed in a covered auto accident when the other driver is at fault and doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for the damages for those injuries.

Multi-Policy Discount

Motor homes may also qualify for our Multi-Policy Discount if insured on an auto insurance policy. You can save up to 25% if you have home insurance or another qualifying policy, product or account with us. The discount may also be extended to unmarried children under age 25 who live away from home.

(Availability and amount of discount vary by state.)

Extra Options for Motor Homes

If you own a motor home, you can choose a couple extra options too:

Emergency Road Service

If you’re ever stranded on the road or lock your keys in your vehicle, help is a phone call away, 24 hours a day. It reimburses you up to $100 total for towing, delivery of motor fuel and repair parts, and labor charges at the place you’re stranded.

Safety Glass Coverage

Waives your comprehensive deductible for the cost of repairing or replacing glass in your motor home, like windshields, windows, and light covers.

You may also be interested in

We can help!

Give us a call 24 hours a day.



Introducing COUNTRY Financial® Mobile

Need to view your insurance card in a hurry, pay your bill over your morning coffee, or contact your rep? You can do all of that and more with our app. Download it today!

  • iOS Link
  • Google Play Link

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions.

1In GA and ID, three years.

2Not available in all states or on all policies.