Skip to main content
Where do I find my NAIC number when I renew my license plate tags?

Your NAIC number can be found on your auto insurance card. If you don’t have your card, log in to your account to print one. (If you don't have an account, register today!) You will see COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company® or COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company® on your auto insurance card, and the number that follows is your NAIC number. 

How can I get an auto insurance card or proof of insurance?

There are three easy ways to get an auto insurance card or proof of insurance:

What is a deductible?

A deductible is the part of a covered claim you’re responsible to pay. Your deductible only applies to damage to your own vehicle, and you choose your deductibles when you buy your policy.

When I rent a car, should I purchase the damage waiver?

Generally, coverage from your own auto insurance policy applies to the rental vehicle when driving within the United States (including your deductible). Most rental companies will require you to have comprehensive and collision coverage on your COUNTRY Financial auto policy – if you don’t, they’ll ask you to purchase their damage waiver.

Review the company’s “loss of use” policy too. “Loss of use” means if you wreck a rental car, you may be charged for the revenue lost while the car is being fixed for the damage you caused. Loss of use is not generally covered on your personal auto policy. You may want to purchase the “loss of use” protection from the rental agency separately, if possible. Read the contract carefully and ask the rental agent to explain it if you are unsure.

Another thing to consider is that if you don’t purchase the insurance coverage offered by the rental company, an accident could mean an increase of your premiums.

I upgraded my car stereo system beyond the basic equipment. Do I have coverage for it on my auto insurance?

When you purchase stereo equipment beyond what is normally found in the vehicle, you may need to increase your coverage. Your representative can give you a better idea of your coverage options, like the Communication Device Endorsement. When purchasing this coverage, your COUNTRY Financial representative will help you determine the limits depending on the type of equipment you’re installing and the cost. The Communication Endorsement can be purchased with limits ranging from $300 to $5,000. Contact your representative to review your coverage options.

Do I have coverage if I take my vehicle into Mexico or Canada?

Your auto insurance policy doesn't cover your car in Mexico, but it does provide coverage in Canada and any United States territory.

United States territories include:

  • American Samoa
  • Baker
  • Guam
  • Howland
  • Jarvis Islands (Johnston Atol, Kingman Reef, Navassa Island, Palmyra Island)
  • Midway
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands
  • Wake Island

If you’re traveling to Canada, contact your representative or call 866-COUNTRY (866-268-6879) to obtain a non-resident motor vehicle liability card, which is required when driving there.

For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions.