Mobile Application Privacy Statement
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
At COUNTRY Financial®1, your privacy has always been important to us. We understand how important your privacy is to you, and we believe protecting your confidential information is a fundamental part of doing business. That’s why at COUNTRY we take steps designed to ensure:
- We will restrict our employees' access to your information to only those who need
to know information to provide products or services to you and for other
reasons permitted by law.
- We will maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your confidential information.
- We will only share your information with non-affiliated third parties for
marketing products that might be of interest to you, if you have not opted out
of such sharing.
Categories of Information We Collect
- From You: Your name, your zip code, your email address the name of any minor who will be using this Application with your consent, the birthdate of any minor who will be using this Application with your consent, information related to your mobile device or mobile device carrier, other identifiers that might permit physical or online contacting, and information you provide which is maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with one of the other identifiers previously mentioned.
- From Your Mobile Device: Your Internet Protocol (IP) address to determine your geographical location and enhance your mobile application experience. This information can be used in aggregate to generate reports on how visitors find and use the Application, and other information.
How We Share Your Information
COUNTRY considers the types of information listed above to be confidential. However, from time to time and as allowed by law we may share the information mentioned above:
- Within our family of affiliated companies and with our business partners for everyday business purposes such as to service your transactions, fulfill your claims, and maintain your account(s). For example, we may provide your name, address, phone number, and certain claims information to a service provider for the purposes of servicing your claim.
- As required or permitted by law to others, such as in response to court orders and legal investigations, or to consumer reporting agencies. Information sharing is limited to only that permitted or required by law.
- Within our family of affiliated companies, or with your COUNTRY Financial Representative, to provide you with outstanding products and services. For example, we may share information to provide better service to you in presenting products and services that meet your needs.
- With companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. If we have joint marketing agreements, we may share information to offer financial products that might be of interest to you. We would limit the information shared to that which is needed to perform the transaction, such as name and address for a mailing.
- With non-affiliates to market products that may benefit you or help you manage and protect your financial security.
How We Obtain Information From Mobile Application Use
- COUNTRY uses Internet cookies, analytics or other technologies in an effort to provide an enhanced mobile application experience. Cookies are small text files sent to your browser from our web server.
- COUNTRY collects statistical information to determine how users are using the Application. We use this information to evaluate the usage of the Application and to develop and improve the Application content and functionality.
Cookies do not provide your name, address, email address or other personally identifiable information. We may link non-personally identifiable information that we collect with personally identifiable information that you provide to us through the Application.
How Your Information Is Used
COUNTRY wants your mobile application experience to be the best it can be. Our main purpose for collecting information is to provide you with outstanding products and services. We may use general geographic location information as well as information about your mobile device carrier to customize the messages and layout of the Application to provide information that may be important to you.
Currently, COUNTRY does not support the necessary technology to respond to “do not track” signals provided by major browsers, which are designed to provide you options regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. We do not allow our business partners to collect your personally identifiable information for their own marketing purposes when you use our Application.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
COUNTRY will retain User–Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to correct User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at 1-866-COUNTRY and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
COUNTRY does not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from children under the age of 13. For more information about children’s privacy and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the Federal Trade Commission website at www.ftc.gov.
If you are a minor under the age of 18 and you have directly posted content on the Application that you would like to have deleted or hidden, please contact us at 1-866-COUNTRY. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time and will take steps to ensure that content is either deleted or hidden. Please be aware that certain information may need to remain on our servers, as we may be required to retain certain information by law, or where the information may have been provided by persons other than you.
COUNTRY is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect your information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access of contractors to those who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security threats.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Since Internet technology is quickly evolving, COUNTRY may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement. When we make a change to this Privacy Statement, we will post a new Privacy Statement on our website. It is your obligation to periodically review this Privacy Statement. You may also request a copy of this Privacy Statement at any time.
By using the Services, you are consenting to our processing of User–Provided and Automatically Collected information as set forth in this Privacy Statement now and as amended by us. “Processing,” means using cookies on a computer/hand held device or using or touching information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in the United States. If you reside outside the U.S. your information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored there under applicable U.S. privacy standards. By using the Application and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the US.
There is a single opt-out option for users of this Application:
- Opt–out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application – You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Termination of Relationship
In the future if you decide to terminate your relationship with COUNTRY, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us at 1-866-COUNTRY.
1 This Mobile Application Privacy Statement covers the following companies: COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Casualty Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Preferred Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Life Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Investors Life Assurance Company®, COUNTRY® Capital Management Company, COUNTRY Trust Bank®, Cotton States Life Insurance CompanySM, and CC Services, Inc.