Customer Security Awareness
What COUNTRY Financial® Does to Secure Your Personal Information
COUNTRY Financial is committed to providing you with a secure online experience. We take measures to help protect our clients, employees and financial representatives from identity theft and online fraud. We have implemented multiple layers of technology supported by security processes and frequent security assessments.
Security Policies and Procedures
COUNTRY has policies and procedures in place to help prevent the misuse of data and to reduce the risk of fraud. This includes the following:
- COUNTRY will never request verification of personal client information via email.
COUNTRY conducts testing of our critical systems to proactively find and remediate vulnerabilities. This includes the following:
- Independent third party reviews conducted by security firms with expertise in ethical hacking and testing of online systems.
- Ongoing scanning and monitoring to protect against known security risks.
- Application vulnerability assessments.
COUNTRY conducts security assessments, applies security patches and uses current technology to help monitor and maintain a safe and stable environment.
COUNTRY provides mandatory training for its employees and financial representatives on information security best practices, security policies, procedures and event handling.
What You Can Do to Make Your Online Experience Secure
Safeguard Your Personal Information
Personal Information includes things such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, and driver’s license numbers.
- Never provide your Social Security number to anyone unless you have initiated the request.
- Never use birth dates, Social Security numbers, phone numbers or account numbers for passwords.
- Never answer emails asking you to verify account numbers or passwords.
- Use unique passwords for any site that contains sensitive information and change passwords regularly.
- Always ‘logout’ and close your browser when you have completed your online session.
- Only provide your account information and password when your browser indicates an encrypted connection. This is indicated by https:// in your browser’s address bar.
- Keep informed on the latest cyber-security threats by accessing the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Protection Site.
Secure Your Computer
- Install appropriate anti-spyware and anti-virus protection software on your computer to help detect and remove known viruses and spyware that can steal personal information.
- Install a personal firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your computer.
- Keep your operating system and software up-to-date by installing recommended patches and updates regularly.
- Never leave your computer unattended for someone else to gain access.
To report suspicious activity on your COUNTRY Financial accounts, please contact us immediately at 1-866-COUNTRY (1-866-268-6879).
To report a suspicious email containing the COUNTRY Financial name or logo, please forward it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.