Keeping Your Business Data Safe
Your customers and employees are your biggest assets, and they rely on you to protect their personal information. If their private information is lost, stolen or hacked, you'll need to take action. Big or small, it's best not to take chances. Larger companies are more likely to make front page news, but a breach can happen to any business, as small to medium organizations are popular targets of hackers too.
The good news is that there's plenty you can do to prepare.
Protecting What Matters
Learn some of the ways business data can be compromised, and how data breach coverage on your business insurance could help you recover quickly and confidently.
Thinking ahead is the first step in keeping your business information safe, and careful precautions can go a long way. Here are some general tips for staying secure.
Basic Protection Tips
- Lock up sensitive data
- Restrict access to data
- Define and regularly review data practices
- Review security procedures
- Limit the use of portable technology
- Don't use wireless networks
- Use password protection and encryption
- Install antivirus, anti-spyware, and encryption
Preparing for a Breach
Data can be compromised even with the most careful planning. You’ll want to have a plan
if a breach does occur, so you can be confident you’ll be able to get your business back on track with ease.
Data Breach Costs
To help protect you, we offer data breach coverage on our business insurance. For just a small added cost, it includes coverage for:
- Your costs of communicating a breach - like preparing and mailing legal notices, making phone calls, and handling public relations
- Costs of investigating the cause and severity of the situation
- Liability and defense costs if you're sued
Your coverage will also include personal help from a pro. If you have a claim, a specialist from IDT911 can help you with things like:
- Fraud resolution steps
- Placement of fraud alerts and police report filing
- Enrollment of credit monitoring products
- Active post fraud follow-up and assistance
A data breach can be a big deal. That's why we're here to help.
We've partnered with IDT911 to bring you a wealth of online resources to help you plan. As a COUNTRY Financial® business customer, you'll have full access to all kinds of helpful tools and advice.
Ready for a quote?
COUNTRY Financial is local, and we're here to help. Contact a financial representative in your area today to learn more and get a complimentary quote on your business insurance.
Already a data breach customer with COUNTRY Financial?
For product and service information, read our Terms & Conditions.
Business insurance policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company®, Bloomington, IL. Data breach services provided by IDT911TM, a third party company not affiliated with COUNTRY Financial.