What is the Affordable Care Act (ACA)?
The ACA is a healthcare reform law that was passed in 2010 with the goal of providing affordable healthcare for families. Here are some key elements of the reform.
- There are no underwriting rules.
- Everyone is guaranteed issue, regardless of their medical history.
- There are no pre-existing condition guidelines.
- There is no lifetime max for a policy.
- There are specified enrollment periods.
- Each plan must cover the Ten Essential Health Benefits (EHBs).