Weather's getting warmer, the school year is ending, and families are itching for things to do. Wondering what's out there? Communities are brimming with options and more information is often just a click away. Tap into these 10 simple ways to keep busy this summer.
10 ways to keep summer fun
- Reach out to your local Parks and Recreation departments. Festivals, theater, outdoor concerts, and free summer movies are just a few examples of what may be happening right around the corner.
- Enjoy a day of play at the park. Take the dog for a walk, have a picnic, or go on a bike ride.
- Keep cool. Visit your local pool, waterpark, or splash park. Or, set up a sprinkler in the backyard.
- Go wild. Discover what your local zoo or wildlife refuge has to offer.
- Get inspired. Experience art, history, science, or culture at a museum or exhibit.
- Unleash imagination and creativity. Contact local craft stores about kid-friendly programs and events.
- Become one with nature. Go fishing, hiking, or camping.
- Check out the local library. Most libraries offer summer reading programs just for kids.
- Stop and smell the flowers. Take a trip to a nearby botanical garden.
- Use your resources. Visit local tourist offices and websites for travel deals and discounts. Choose a destination offering free attractions.
Bottom line: summer fun doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. Unplug, unwind, and get out there and explore!