Recently my co-worker and boy-mom, Val Hawkins, used our ChorePal app to help teach her son about money. If you missed the article, you can read it here. This got me thinking …it’d be pretty easy to spend a lot of money while you’re trying to teach your kids about the value of a dollar. Ironic, right? In effort to save you parents some cash, while still teaching your kids what earning, saving and spending money is all about, I came up with some reward ideas that are fun AND easy on the wallet.
Break the rules
Everyone loves being a little rebellious. These rewards will let your kids take a short walk on the wild side.
- Have dessert before dinner
- Stay up an extra hour on the weekend
- Skip their chores for a day
Time under the sun and stars = family memories
- Pitch a tent in the backyard for a sleepover
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Catch lightning bugs at dusk
Spark their imagination with these activities
- Tie dye t-shirts
- Get messy with finger paint
- Create a sidewalk chalk masterpiece
Make it a family thing
Everyone can enjoy these rewards.
- Have a board game marathon
- Throw a dance party
- Have an ice cream sundae bar
Have some ideas of your own to add to this list? We’d love to hear them!