posted in: Familyby Christy McFarland
- You’ll need 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of glycerin (available at your local drug store), and 4 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid.
- Gently mix the ingredients together. Then, use the solution with your favorite bubble wand!
- Hint: you can make your own bubble wand using common household items. Slotted spoons, fly swatters, Mason jar lids, cookie cutters and even wire coat hangers work great!
Personal s’mores roasters
- Take a flower pot and line it with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Fill it with charcoal and then light!
- You’ll be left with your very own mini fire pit, perfect for roasting S’mores.
- Of course, parental supervision is a must for this activity!
Ice cube tray popsicles
- Fill an ice cube tray with your favorite juice.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Place a toothpick through the tin foil for each ice cube.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Homemade play dough
- Pour 1 cup water into large mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring.
- Add 4 cups flour and 1 ½ cups salt to the mixture.
- Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Knead the ingredients together until a soft dough is formed.
- Put some sand in the bottom of 10 water bottles.
- Drop a glow stick in each water bottle.
- Cover each water bottle with a lid.
- Set up the water bottles like bowling pins and use a ball to knock them over!