COUNTRY Financial assists communities in responding to COVID-19
Corporate and Financial Representative donations made to local organizations
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – As part of its ongoing commitment to enrich communities in which the company serves, COUNTRY Financial® is donating thousands of dollars to organizations assisting in the response to coronavirus (COVID-19). COUNTRY’s 3,000 employees and 2,000 financial representatives across the 19 states the organization serves are donating to local non-profits, small businesses, emergency personnel and medical staff.
“We know COVID-19 is creating added challenges in nearly all communities across the nation,” said Barbara Taft, director, Corporate Social Responsibility. “We chose to make corporate donations to support efforts targeting some of the most vulnerable andunderserved within the communities where our employees work and live.”
Financial representatives are focused on supporting clients, neighbors and small businesses in their own communities, and many are doing so through corporately supported donations to local emergency responders as part of the company’s Operation Helping Heroes program. Others are supporting restaurants and small businesses by purchasing gift cards and donating them to medical personnel and other essential employees still working through the pandemic.
Employees assisted in identifying community partners in each of the company’s corporate office locations that are helping serve the local community.
- Bloomington, IL - Midwest Food Bank and Boys and Girls Club of Bloomington Normal
- COUNTRY joined others in the Illinois Farm Bureau Family of Companies, including GROWMARK and Illinois Farm Bureau to support four truckloads of emergency food boxes to be sent across the country. Each food box given out will provide four to five days of food for a family of four. ($5,000 donation for a total of $20,000 from Family of Companies)
- COUNTRY’s donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Bloomington Normal will support local children who won’t receive meals due to school and club closures at this time. ($1,000 donation)
- Salem, OR - Boys and Girls Club of Salem
- COUNTRY’s support is aimed at serving children during school closures, specifically providing meals and educational packets. ($1,000 donation)
- Minneapolis, MN - Boys and Girls Club of the Twin Cities
- COUNTRY’s donation will help the club continue mobilizing efforts to support families during school and club closures. ($1,000 donation)
- Alpharetta, GA - Atlanta Community Food
- support will help the food bank prepare for increased hunger responding to COVID-19. Every $1 helps provide four meals for hungry children, hardworking families and struggling seniors. This donation is equal to 4,000 meals. ($1,000 donation)
- Middletown, CT - Citizen’s Inn
- COUNTRY’s donation will support the Haven from Hunger program, providing individuals and families with pre-bagged groceries, including dairy, meats, fresh produce and shelf-stable food. ($1,000 donation)
Chris Coplan, COUNTRY Financial
About COUNTRY Financial
COUNTRY Financial is a marketing name for COUNTRY Life Insurance Company®, COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company® and their respective subsidiaries, located in Bloomington, IL. COUNTRY Financial serves about one million households and businesses throughout the United States and offers a wide range of insurance and financial products and services.