COUNTRY Financial to Help Customers Start the Claims, Rebuilding Process at Temporary Claims Villages
Temporary Locations in Brunswick and Savannah
SAVANNAH – As residents return to their homes and evaluate the damage caused by Hurricane Irma, COUNTRY Financial is urging all homeowners to contact their insurance provider immediately to start the claims process.
COUNTRY Financial customers in southeastern Georgia will have the opportunity to file auto and property claims and ask questions about existing claims at claims villages to be held in Brunswick and Savannah this week:
- Brunswick: Monday, Sept. 18 and Tuesday, Sept. 19, from 8:00-7:00 PM in the parking lot of Home Depot, located at 200 Altama Connector.
- Savannah: Wednesday, Sept. 20 and Thursday, Sept. 21, from 8:00-7:00 PM in the parking lot of Home Depot, located at 11180 Abercorn St.
Customers can also report auto and property claims by calling 1-866-COUNTRY or visiting www.countryfinancial.com.
“We want to make sure our customers can start rebuilding their homes and lives as soon as possible, so we want to make the claims reporting process as easy as possible,” said John Butkus,
director of Property Claims at COUNTRY Financial.
Butkus recommends homeowners take the following steps when returning to their homes:
- Protect your property: Protect and clean up your property. Board up broken windows, cover holes with tarps and take steps to prevent further damage to your property.
- Save receipts: Save all receipts from emergency repairs.
- Make property inventory: Make an inventory of your damaged property. Be sure to include age, model number, date of purchase and current purchase price for each item, if possible.
- Collect photographs: Take photos of your damaged property.
Provide your receipts, property inventory and photographs to the claims adjuster.