COUNTRY Takes Action On Illinois Moratorium Request
COUNTRY Financial has taken several steps to ensure its Illinois clients continue to maintain their insurance coverage with COUNTRY as they recover from flood damage.
The actions are being taken in response to emergency orders issued recently by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. For the time period between June 10 and Aug. 18, 2008, the following actions apply to Illinois clients living or owning property in counties declared federal or state disaster areas:
- COUNTRY will not take action to terminate any auto, property, commercial, COUNTRY crop/hail, life or health policies otherwise scheduled to terminate between June 10 and Aug. 18, 2008 until on or after Aug. 19, 2008. Rejections of new business will not be affected.
- COUNTRY will allow clients reporting a claim to have an extended time of 60 days beyond that required in the policy during which to provide information about the claim.
- COUNTRY will also give clients an additional 60 days beyond the terms of the policy to complete repairs to their property.
- COUNTRY will also give clients an additional 60 days to pay premiums due from June 10, 2008, through Aug. 18, 2008.
- COUNTRY will waive any returned bank item fees it assesses for all payment types.
- COUNTRY will waive the evidence of insurability requirement for affected clients with life or health policies being reinstated.
- COUNTRY clients may file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue with the Illinois Division of Insurance by calling 1-866-445-5364 or online at www.idfpr.com/doi/Complaints/Complaints.asp