Home and Renters Insurance
- Home Insurance Coverage Options
- Optional Home and Personal Property Coverage (at additional cost)
- Home Insurance Discounts
- Household Inventory Checklist
Is your stuff protected?
A majority of homes in the U.S. are underinsured, and many people aren’t sure what their home insurance actually covers. Your COUNTRY Financial® representative will help you choose the right homeowners insurance coverage to protect your home and your possessions and explain exactly what is covered. Plus, our money-saving insurance discounts help keep your premium low. Learn more about protecting your stuff.
Protect your home and auxiliary private structures (such as garages and storage sheds), personal belongings, liability exposures, and more.
Condominium Unit Owners Insurance
Condo insurance is provided by two sources - the unit owner and the condo association. But most condo associations only assume responsibility for the walls, floor and ceiling. So you’ll need condo insurance for everything else - personal property, personal liability and any additions, alterations, or improvements that become part of your unit.
You may not own a home, but you still need insurance to protect your stuff and your personal liability when renting. If you only need a basic policy, add rental insurance as an optional coverage to your COUNTRY auto policy.
Rental Property Owners Insurance
Add Home Protector insurance to your COUNTRY home insurance policy if you’re a landlord or own vacation rental property. Coverage is available for one- and two-unit rental properties and includes protection for your personal liability, dwelling, auxiliary private structures (such as garages and storage sheds), and lost income. It even provides limited coverage for your personal property items in the rental building.
Protects you if someone is injured on your property or you are responsible for damages to someone else’s property. It also provides coverage for defense costs if you are sued.
- Choose the coverage limit (up to $1,000,000)
- Add optional liability coverages (for in-home businesses, recreational motor vehicles, watercraft, rental dwellings, etc.) for an additional cost
- Add a personal umbrella liability insurance policy if you need more than $1,000,000 in coverage
Provides coverage for others’ medical costs if they are injured.
- Choose the coverage limit (up to $25,000)
Home and Personal Property
Choose from three coverage options, subject to the deductible you choose:
- Premier coverage (risk of direct physical loss): Few companies offer this coverage on personal property. Our best coverage provides protection for both your home and personal property for direct loss from all causes except those specifically excluded in the policy. It covers everything that broad form coverage covers, plus things like countertop burns, paint spillage, and power surge damage to electronics and appliances.
- Broad form coverage: Provides coverage for losses from the causes specifically listed in your policy (fire or lightning, windstorm or hail, vandalism, theft, etc.).
- Combination coverage: Provides premier coverage on your home and broad form coverage on your personal property.
Personal Umbrella Insurance
Provides extra protection if you’re responsible for injuries to another person or damage to someone’s property and are required to reimburse them for those injuries or damages. With liability lawsuit awards on the rise, it’s important to make sure you’re protected if you get sued. You can purchase extra liability protection of $1,000,000 or more.
Identity Theft Coverage
Provides valuable protection if your identity is stolen. You’ll receive access to dedicated recovery specialists at Identity Theft 911®, who will guide you through every step of the recovery process if your identity is stolen. You’ll also have coverage for certain expenses you incur as a result of identity theft. Visit our Identity Theft Education site for more information about identity theft, including new threat alerts and updates on techniques used by identity thieves.
Covers jewelry worth more than the basic policy coverage. You can list, or “schedule” these items on your policy. If an item is scheduled, you’ll receive full replacement cost coverage for the item, and no deductible will apply.
Covers watercraft worth more than the $1500 covered by the basic home policy. You’ll receive our premier coverage (see details under Home and personal property above) for your boat, motors, trailer, and your boating accessories. You’ll also receive liability protection if someone is injured as a result of the operation of your watercraft.
Recreational Motor Vehicle Coverage
Provides premier coverage (see details under Home and personal property above) for your RV over the $500 offered by the basic home policy. It applies to motorized vehicles designed for recreation (such as ATVs, snowmobiles, and go-carts), used on your property and not licensed for road use. Additional coverage is available if you plan to operate your RV away from your property.
Replacement Cost Coverage (available on qualifying homes)
Home prices have increased dramatically in the last few decades, so it’s important to make sure you’ll have enough insurance coverage if you need to rebuild your home in the event of a claim. Depending on the age of your home, it may qualify for one of the following replacement cost coverages:
- Additional replacement cost. Pays full replacement cost of your home, even if the amount of loss is greater than the limits on your policy. COUNTRY Financial® is one of the few companies to offer this coverage.
- Extended replacement cost. Pays full replacement cost of your home, up to 120 percent of the limits in your policy.
Additional Coverage Options
Replacement cost coverage on personal property
- Special personal property increased coverage
- Earthquake protection
- Sump pump failure and/or back-up of sewer or drain
- Inflation protection
- Mine subsidence
- Loss assessments from a homeowners or condo association
Availability and amount of discounts may vary by state. Talk to your financial representative for details.
Save money when you purchase homeowners insurance plus one or more of our qualifying products or services, which included investments, auto, life, long term care, and disability insurance policies. The more policies you have, the more you can save!
Available if your home is equipped with two or more of the following: fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, sprinklers, deadbolt locks and a burglar alarm. (Criteria varies in some states. See your financial representative for full details.)
Age of Wiring Discount
Your home may qualify depending on the age of newer electrical wiring in your home. Not available in Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee.
Safe Heat Discount
Save money if your home does not have a woodburning unit, or has a built-in fireplace without a fireplace insert.
Available if you have certain hail-resistant roofing products offering a manufacturer’s warranty. Only available in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Could you name everything you own if it was all destroyed?
If you ever experience a catastrophe and have to replace your personal belongings, a detailed inventory will be vital. COUNTRY is here to help. Having a completed inventory on hand makes the claim process much easier. It is also a good idea to complete a Personal and Family Record to detail all of your insurance and financial information.
Household inventory completion tips:
- Walk through your home and open every door, drawer, and cabinet
- Create a detailed list of your belongings – the chart below has tools to help you create your list
- Take photos or use a video camera to record your inventory
- Keep the inventory list and videos/photos safe once they are complete. Place them in your safe deposit box, fireproof safe or another safe, off site location.
- Make a copy of the inventory list and review it with your financial representative. Work together to make sure you have enough home insurance coverage to replace all the items in case of a disaster.
Household inventory checklist (Microsoft Excel)
Fill in document with all pertinent information, save, and take a copy to safe deposit box or other off site safe location.
Household inventory checklist (Microsoft Word)
Fill in document with all pertinent information, save and take a copy to safe deposit box or other off site safe location.
View and print this version, and fill the information out by hand.
Interactive household inventory3 www.knowyourstuff.org
Download this free software to your computer to complete this option.
- File a home or renters claim online
Or call 1-866-COUNTRY (1-866-268-6879)
For product and service information, read our full disclaimer.
1 Alabama residents: Review the Alabama Bill of Rights for additional information.
2 Adobe® Acrobat® Portable Document Format (PDF). Download the free Adobe® Acrobat® ReaderTM, which allows you to view, navigate and print this document.
3 Insurance Information Institute's Free Home Inventory Software - Know Your Stuff!- www.iii.org