Farm & Ranch Insurance
Whether you grow corn, soybeans, mint or apples, your farm or ranch is unique. That’s why COUNTRY Financial® doesn’t offer “one size fits all” coverage. Your financial representative will help you put together a plan as unique as your operation.
We’ve been insuring farmers and ranchers ever since our company was founded in 1925, so we have the experience you can count on to help you make the right decisions.
A farm policy from COUNTRY Financial offers protection for your farm or ranch through a variety of options:
- Liability and Medical Payments – covers medical expenses, cost of defense, property damage including legal liability and moral obligation, bodily injury to others, limited pollution, including overspray and drift, product liability, and grazing on others’ property.
- Home and Personal Property – includes coverage for fire or lightning, removal of property, windstorm or hail, explosion, riot or civil commotion, aircraft, vandalism and malicious mischief, additional living expenses, rental value, theft, smoke, and vehicles.
- Farm Outbuildings – basic coverage is provided for machine sheds, barns, grain bins, silos, hay sheds, hay storage, controlled atmosphere storage, packing buildings, milking barns, milking parlors, loafing sheds, horse stables, pole buildings, storage sheds, and more.
- Farm Personal Property – includes coverage while your farm personal property is being loaded, unloaded or is in transit. Basic coverage is also provided for hay, grain, equipment, portable buildings, tools, supplies, livestock and other farm personal property, as well as machinery and equipment borrowed for use in your operation.
Get the advice you need to protect you and your farming operations. Find out more by contacting a COUNTRY Financial representative in your area.
AgriPlus® farm coverage from COUNTRY Financial offers you all the benefits of our standard farm and ranch insurance policies PLUS higher limits on the coverages most important to you.
Here are a few of the extra benefits you get with an AgriPlus® policy:
- If you purchase new farm machinery, AgriPlus® provides up to $500,000 of automatic coverage for up to 60 days on newly acquired mobile farm machinery.
- More perils are covered which cause damage to or loss of mobile farm machinery.
- Increased personal property coverage.
- Higher limits on firearms and related equipment and recreational motor vehicles.
Optional AgriPlus® coverages include:
- Replacement Cost Coverage on qualifying outbuildings and irrigation systems without deductions for depreciation.
- Risk of Direct Physical Loss coverage on qualifying outbuildings and irrigation systems.
- Extra Expense Coverage for expenses you incur over your normal operating costs following a covered loss.
- Higher limit for special personal property increased coverages.
And best of all, you can choose your own deductible.
Coverages and options vary by state, so contact a COUNTRY Financial representative today about the farm policy that’s tailor-made for your operation.
Farm and Estate Services
Make sure your farm or ranch stays in the family if something happens to you. Estate and other planning services from COUNTRY Financial can help you plan so that:
- Your heirs won’t have to sell part of your operation to pay estate taxes.
- You can treat all of your children fairly, whether they farm or not. Suppose only one of your three children wants to continue the family farm…how can you leave the family business to one child while treating the other two children fairly?
- With the help of a COUNTRY Financial representative and one of our advanced planners, you can find out how a variety of affordable life insurance or investment plans can provide money for estate taxes and “buy out” non-farming heirs.
We’ll work with your attorney and tax professional upon request. Best of all, the service is free.
COUNTRY Financial also offers crop insurance to protect against possible crop disasters. Find out more about our available crop insurance products.
Policies issued by COUNTRY Mutual Insurance Company® or Modern Service Insurance Company, Bloomington, IL. Coverage not available in all states. Read our full disclaimer.