It’s important to have auto insurance you understand – people often find out too late they don’t have the coverage they thought they did.
Your COUNTRY Financial® representative will explain your auto insurance options before you buy and help you select the coverage that’s right for your situation.
We offer competitive rates, money-saving discounts and a variety of auto insurance coverages to meet your specific needs. Plus, our claims service is among the best in the industry! You’ll always get the service you deserve with COUNTRY.
The most common auto insurance coverages are described below. Liability coverage is required in most states. Coverage may vary by state.
Bodily Injury Liability
Protects you against financial loss because of injury you may cause to someone else.
Property Damage Liability
Protects you against financial loss because of damage you may cause to the property of others.
Pays medical bills you or the occupants of your vehicle incur within two years of a covered auto accident as a result of injury caused by the accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Pays medical expenses if you or an occupant of your vehicle is injured or killed in an auto accident when the other driver is at fault and does not have insurance. In some cases it pays when the at-fault driver is not identified.
Pays medical expenses if you or someone in your car is injured or killed in an auto accident when the other driver is at fault and does not have enough insurance to cover the expenses of those injuries.
Covers your vehicle if you should overturn or hit another vehicle or object.
Covers your vehicle if stolen or accidentally damaged by any cause that is not specifically excluded. It does not cover collision. Comprehensive coverage also provides up to $40 per day (with a specified total limit) for a rental car, beginning 48 hours after you report an auto theft to us and the police.
Additional Auto Insurance Options
COUNTRY offers these additional auto insurance options as well.
Safety Glass Coverage
Waives your comprehensive deductible for the cost of repairing or replacing "Safety Glass" (such as glass in windshields, windows, or plastic or other material that functions as glass in lights).
The Keeper® – 100% repair/replacement coverage (Subject to deductible)
- Protects newer vehicles up to four model years*
- Covers all collision and comprehensive losses other than theft, larceny and fire
- Pays repair costs for damage, even if the cost is greater than your car’s market value
- Or buys you a brand new car of the same make and model if repair costs plus the value of the damaged vehicle exceed the price of a comparable new car*
- Vehicles eligible for the Keeper are current and two prior model years, new or used, including private passenger automobiles and pickup trucks one ton and under (coverage may not apply to all vehicles)
*Vehicles four model years old and older are also protected in AZ. Limitations apply in AZ.
Vehicle Travel & Tow
Includes 3 coverages for one price:
- Emergency Road Service
- If you're ever stranded, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, anywhere in the 50 states and Canada. It reimburses you up to $100 total for towing, delivery of motor fuel and repair parts, and labor at the place of disablement.
- Vehicle Rental and Trip Interruption
- Reimburses up to $800 for travel expenses including vehicle rental, transportation, lodging, and meals. Dollar limit varies by state.
- Personal Effects Coverage
- Protects certain valuables in your car - up to $800, less a $100 deductible.
Emergency Road Service and Vehicle Rental/Trip Interruption coverage can also be purchased separately.
Special Tenants Coverage
Designed for the renter with basic needs, this coverage is added to your auto policy instead of a separate renters policy.
Extends your auto or home liability coverage. Reimburses for injuries to another person or damage to someone’s property where you are responsible for the injuries or damages.
Provides coverage for properly licensed drivers on motorcycles, mopeds, motor scooters, and motorized bicycles.
Availability varies by state. Certain vehicles do not qualify for all discounts.
Vehicles equipped with an alarm or anti-theft device may save you money on your Comprehensive Coverage.
Defensive Driver Discount
Successfully complete a state-approved motor vehicle defensive driving course, and you may be eligible for a discount of up to 5%.
Driver Training Discount
Successfully complete a state-approved driver’s education course if you are under 21 and you may save up to 10%.
Engaged Couple Discount
If you are engaged to be married within 12 months, one of you is at least 21 years old, and you insure all eligible vehicles with COUNTRY, you may qualify for a discount.
Good Student Discount and College Graduate Discount
High school or college students that maintain a B or better average may be eligible to receive a discount of up to 25%. We also offer a discount to college graduates regardless of their grade point average (GPA).
Insure two or more cars with COUNTRY and you may qualify for a discount. When parents qualify for this discount, the discount can be extended to unmarried drivers under age 25 who move away from home.
Save on your auto premium if you have another qualifying policy or investment product with us. The discount may also be extended to unmarried children under age 25 who live elsewhere.
New Vehicle Discount
If you purchase a new-model-year car or truck, you could qualify for up to a 10% discount.
To give back to those who contribute so much to our community, first responders and teachers may qualify for the Occupation Discount.
- First Responders: Firefighters, Police Officers, Emergency Medical Technicians, and Paramedics may be eligible for up to a 5% discount.
- Teachers: Full-time teachers of grades K-12 may be eligible for up to a 10% discount.
Teen Driver Discount
Simply Drive®, our new Teen Driver Discount, offers peace of mind AND savings for your family. Newly licensed drivers may qualify for up to a 10% discount by completing the course at the Simply Drive website .
For product and service information, read our full disclaimer.
1 Source: Bankrate.com®, Copyright © 2007 Bankrate, Inc.
Minnesota policyholder surcharge information: